Information Gathering and Use
We collect information from you in a number of ways, for example when you:
• Make a donation
• Sign up to our campaign
• Sign up to stay updated
We won’t collect or record your personal information unless you choose to give it us.
Use of Personal Information
We use the information you give us in the following ways:
• To make sure we have an accurate record of all the donations we receive.
• To email you with news and information about Svaunnati and our campaigns, but only if you have agreed to this.
• To make sure you are receiving the most appropriate and relevant information for you.
• To find out more about you and the people who are visiting our website, donating or joining our campaign
• We track location, device type, browser type to help us understand our visitors’ needs related to our web site design.
Privacy of our email lists
• Individuals who join our mailing lists via our website or through our campaigning engagements are added to our email database. We do not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease the addresses on our lists to anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Each email we send will also contain instructions on how to opt-out of receiving future emails of any sort from Svaunnati. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you, processing your application, or sending you emails related to your interest in Svaunnati.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
• Cookies are pieces of electronic information which will be sent by Svaunnati when you use our web site. These will be placed in your computer’s hard disk and enable us to recognise you as a user when you next visit.
• You can configure your browser so that it responds to cookies the way you deem fit. For example, you make want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent. Please check your browser’s settings to modify cookie behaviour as per your individual behaviour.
Security & Protection of Data
• Svaunnati uses well-recognised and proven technology for payments. Payment information is transferred by the use of an SSL connection which offers the highest degree of security that your browser is able to support.
• Several layers of built-in security, including an advanced firewall system, encryption of credit card numbers, and use of passwords, protect the collected information.
Our e-newsletter subscribers and website visitors are given the opportunity to opt-out of having their information used for purposes not directly related to our site at the point where we ask for the information. Users of our site will always be notified if their information is being collected by any outside parties. We do this to ensure our users can make an informed choice as to whether they should proceed with services that require an outside party, or not.
External Web Services
• We use a number of external web services on our site to display content within our web pages. For example, to display video we use YouTube. As with the social buttons, we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your use of the content we embed on our site.